Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Post

Well, I might as well post something right now, considering I did just create this thing. This site is mostly an excuse for me to ramble and rant on and on about shit that either means nothing to me, or actually happens first hand. I also made this so I had somewhere to post some shitty lyrics and poetry I've been writing. So to start this off I'll post a rant I wrote a few weeks ago when I was sitting on main street. I was stranded in Stroudsburg, sitting outside of starbucks with no money. I proceeded to write about what was going on around me when I was kicked out for loitering the starbucks. I wandered for a bit, visited an aqqaintance, and then hitch hiked home.

"I traveled to this newly established coffee shop in town, which funny as it sounds is not so new to most. This place that wastes talent and eats up your caffeine addictions. Pouring sugars, assorted flavors, and your choice of dairy down your throat. The warmth of the sun has set, bringing in this bitter chill. A dim light beams down on this pen and paper making the shadows dance with each stroke of a letter. The cars play a different tune, blending together their engines and radios. A constant movement of vehicles is almost like a personal lullaby dragging my words across a line waiting for the ink to dry. Fellow men walk hand and hand with their significant others. All looking down on me for taking up the least amount of space that could be better suited for paying customers. Most with more than a change filled pocket and stoic emotion on brow. Some youth embrace this franchise with open arms. While others curse this soul collecting, money hungry abomination. All I do is wait, killing time till I spot a friendly face, or until some sucker gives me five dollars for one of these damned fancy coffees."

Well that's all I have right now. More to come in the future.

No comments: