Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bar ramblings

I was at the bar last night, while everyone was drinking and such I decided to write on a napkin. This is what I rambled about.

"The smell of stale beer and Cajun fries fill the air, while I sit around and write across a bar napkin. My friends converse freely and wild topics dance off their tongues. I stare blankly at the table, the shadows darken with every move of my pen. Music shoots out the jukebox speakers, new genre after genre. The diversity of the bar is relevant when walking to our "regular" booth. Dirty looks with each casual sip, or so I like to believe. It could just be the slight paranoia I've tend to come in cope with. Well, however you see it, I take it with a grain of salt. Salt that only irritates the small cuts and scrapes, wounds self inflicted because of foolish dirty looks."

I want to get my license, buy a car, and drive off a bridge.
Nose dive through the sky, waiting for impact.

No comments: