Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jabber Jaw

I float alone on a poorly built raft, miles from safety. The moonlight beamed off the waters, making it very clear to me that I was encircled by underwater predators. Panicking would do nothing now. I was doomed to be their snack. It started slow, they didn't attack until I made to swift of movement to reach for my only weapon. Which happened to be a piece of shit stick, sharpened with a rock. Being clumsy I knocked the stick into the water and reached in, only to feel a tight grip of sharp teeth around my forearm. I fought to bring my arm back to the surface, however with brute strength I was pulled into the deep dark ocean. Water ran up my nostrils and my eyes opened to see three sharks swimming swiftly around me, one with my arm in it's mouth. I began swinging and kicking off at the creatures with a slight hope of survival. I felt sharp pains reach me from my left leg. Another had got a hold of me. I was going to be torn to pieces, their feast, food to play with till they got bored of me and consumed my body. The third shark swam with grace to the center. It was such an enchanting creature, so majestic and beautiful. It's jaw opened wide and bit into my torso and chest. It's teeth sank into my flesh, through my rip cage. In sheer pain I screamed letting the water fill my lungs. I choked and choked. The sharks aren't what killed me, it was the water. I drowned there as I was ripped to shreds. My blood blinded me from the sharks, the last vision I had was a dark red shading my eyes. The moon kept shining, the wind kept blowing. The blood filtered through the ocean, mixing with the minerals and sea salt. And the last thought I managed to have, "The water sure did look friendly tonight for boating..."